Welcome to the Lawrence Academy of Music!
Founded in 1874, the Academy of Music is a nonprofit division of Lawrence University that seeks to provide outstanding musical opportunities for individuals of all ages in northeast Wisconsin. Click here for more information on each of our music programs, including private lessons, classes, ensembles, and other musical opportunities. Please refer to the navigation menu to the left (or top on mobile) to further explore our website.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list or are interested in private lessons, please click the button below to fill out an interest form.
Click the buttons below to read through our announcements. You can also click here to view our calendar of upcoming events.
Below is the construction timeline for the Academy parking lot. During these times, please park on Rocky Bleier Run between the orange construction drums (per the image below). This work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled in the event of heavy rain or lightning. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
On Wednesday, October 23, the parking lot will be inaccessible in the morning as workers lay down a base for the asphalt. You should be able to park in the lot by mid-afternoon.
On Friday, November 1, the parking lot will be paved and inaccessible all day. Construction workers will be onsite to help guide you to the building.
Registration is open for the programs listed below. Click on the program names for more information.
- spring semester chamber ensembles open to youth and adult string and wind musicians
Looking for a holiday gift? Ordered items should be delivered before the holiday season, and you may choose to have your order shipped to home or delivered to the Academy for pickup. You have until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 17 to submit your orders.
- Learn your teacher's biggest inspiration, ideal travel destination, and more in our Teacher Spotlight. Our current spotlight features Anna Reiser, piano and Taubman Approach instructor. Click here to read more.
- Our wonderful students are the heart of the Academy. We're thrilled to kick off our Student Spotlights with Earl S. (87), trombone student of Anne Witherell. Click here to read more.
Report an Absence
- To report an absence from an ensemble, please click here to fill out the Ensemble Absence Form.
- To report an absence from a private lesson, please communicate directly with your instructor. Contact information is provided in the front of your Academy student notebook.