- "Showing Off" Musical Theatre Camp is now full and officially closed. Don't miss out next year - fill out our interest form and we will send you registration materials in early 2016.
- The Academy building and parking lot will not be accessible on May 9 from 9-10:45 am due to the Sole Burner.
- Note that construction has begun on Prospect and Jackman Streets. The Academy is accessible via Olde Oneida Street or by College Avenue to Drew Street. Please plan accordingly.
- Please check with your individual lesson teacher if you have questions about your lesson schedule.
• Please join us for two unique upcoming performances in our community:
Decoda, an affiliate ensemble of Carnegie Hall, will present a free chamber music concert (suitable for families) on Monday, April 20th at 7:00 pm at the Riverview Gardens Community Center.
Cantus, the women’s choir from Norway known for its performance in the Disney movie Frozen, will present a free concert on Saturday, April 25th at 5:00 pm in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel. The Lawrence University women’s choir, Cantala, and Academy Bel Canto Girl Choir will also perform.
• Academy recitals are coming up within the next few weeks. These recitals are a lovely celebration of student achievement! Please discuss the exact time and place of your recital with your Academy teacher. Please note that this is a dress-up occasion for performers. Be sure to arrive early enough to unpack instruments or try out the piano. Please also note that parking is often a challenge on these dates, so plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your recital. (On May 9, there is a community event in the Conservatory all day, so please allow extra time to park and walk.)
• Now is the time to begin to discuss summer lessons with your private studio teacher. Registration will be done without as much paper in prior years; you will be billed through the online billing system for any summer lessons you take.
• Preregistration information for fall lessons will be on its way to you in May. Note that all fall preregistration will be due by June 15th. If you plan not to return in the fall, please be sure to tell your studio teacher soon.
• Registration for Academy summer camps is currently open for students interested in musical theatre, band, piano, or chamber music. Visit: go.lawrence.edu/academy-summercamp for details on each.
• Youth ensemble CD order forms will be emailed to participating families this Friday. All orders, with payment, must be returned by April 30th.
• If you have not already done so, please add the following to your list of email contacts. This will ensure that you are receiving all email communications from your Academy teachers and program coordinators:
firstname.lastname@example.org (if you are/will be in ASTRO, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Girl Choir, or Young Men’s Ensemble)
your studio teacher’s LU email address as appropriate