Library Circulation Shelving Assistant
Library Circulation Desk Assistant
See LU Works for detailed descriptions of these positions
To apply, please fill out the webform at this page and select circulation shelving or circulation desk as the position preference.
Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant
• Retrieves a variety of library materials from stacks.
• Scans and copies articles from bound journals. Uses ILL software to upload and send files.
• Packs material for shipping or courier as appropriate.
• Accurately maintains records and files paperwork.
• Processes incoming material for borrowers’ use.
• Processes and ships materials for return to lending libraries.
• Uses ILL software to process requests and send notifications to patrons.
Necessary Skills and Expectations:
• Must work weekly assigned hours as scheduled (must have 10 hours/week availability Tuesday – Friday)
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• Student is expected to learn various lending procedures and policies as well as the Library of Congress classification system.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision, consulting with interlibrary loan supervisor when questions arise.
To apply, please fill out the webform at this page and indicate interlibrary loan as the position preference.