Public Computer Use
The public access computers in the Lawrence University Library are available for scholarly research and educational purposes only. The public access computers in the Lawrence University Library are available for scholarly research and educational purposes only. These computers are provided primarily for the use of the students, faculty and staff of Lawrence University and for public use of the United States Federal Depository Library Program Electronic Collection (as provided in Section 1911 of Title 44, USC). Fox Valley community members may use the computers for scholarly research and educational purposes, although at busy times, preference will be given to members of the Lawrence campus community. The following additional restrictions apply to all users of public access computers in the Lawrence University Library:
- With the exception of Lawrence Webmail, the Library public access computers may not be used for email.
- The Library public access computers may not be used for financial transactions, chat, games or other recreational use.
- The Library reserves the right to restrict access to, and/or impose time limitations on the use of Library computers.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the use of Library printers.
- Harassment of Library staff or other Library users, including the display of graphics in a manner which may be reasonably interpreted as offensive, is unacceptable.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for damage, direct or indirect, arising from the use of its computer and network facilities.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for use of the Internet by minors. The Library has no control over information or images that minors might access. External web pages may be offensive to some; supervision is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- Modification or destruction of Library hardware, software or data including display and desktop configurations is forbidden.
- Unauthorized access to computing resources or accounts, or attempted evasion of system and network security measures is prohibited.
- Violation of United States or Wisconsin state law, including copyright laws and software licensing agreements is prohibited.
- Library staff will monitor the use of Library public access computers.
Violators of the above will be asked to stop. Continued violation by students will result in filing of charges with the Honor Council and/or Judicial Board, as appropriate to the circumstances. Continued violation by persons not affiliated with Lawrence University may result in loss of library privileges. Campus Security will be contacted as appropriate.