To encourage sustainable decision making that results in reducing waste, Lawrence will be implementing a yearly print allowance for all students. All students will be allotted 2,000 black and white images (1,000 double-sided 8.5x11 pages) each year. The implementation of this print allowance will help to decrease excessive printing and the associated costs. After a student exhausts their annual print allowance, any additional print costs will need to be paid by the student using Viking Gold at $0.15 per page for black and white printing.
FAQ's for Printing on Campus
How much will be I be charge for printing one image/copy?
- Black & white, single sided, 8.5 x 11” and 8.5 x 14” prints are $0.15 per side
- Black & white, double-sided, 8.5 x 11" and 8.5 x 14” prints are $0.30
- Color, single-sided, 8.5 x 11” and 8.5 x 14” prints are $0.40 per side
- Color, double sided, 8.5 x 11” and 8.5 x 14” prints are $0.80
How much print quota do I get each year?
2000 images or what equates to $300 on the print system.Note this is a separate balance from the Viking Gold account.
How long will my job sit at the printer?
Print jobs to collect in a queue until securely released by their owner from any Print Release Station (located around campus). When jobs are released a print cost is charged against a student’s print quota. If jobs are not released within an allotted time frame (generally 15 minutes), they will be automatically canceled, thereby eliminating the charge to the print quota and reducing printed paper waste. Print jobs can be picked up from any print release station.
How do I release a print job?
- At the printer either swipe your LU ID card (mounted on right side of printer) or login with your username and password at the release station.
- A screen will appear showing your print quota balance and your jobs. Select the job to print and click Print.
Where are print release stations located?
- Brokaw – 3rd floor, Northeast Corner (Different printer queue)
- Colman – North Wing – Basement & South Wing - 1st floor lounge
- Executive House – Basement lounge (Different printer queue)
- Hiett – Room 220
- Kohler – Basement 1
- Library 1st floor and 2nd floor
- Ormsby – Room 25
- Plantz – Basement 7
- Sage – Kitchen
- Trever – basement 3 and 139, print release station is located on 1st floor.
- Warch Campus Center- 4th floor lab (get room number)
**NOTE: to print in Brokaw lab, Executive House or if you are a computer science major wanting to print in the Comp-Sci lab you will need to add the HP printer queue name. GIVE QUEUE NAME.
How can I check my print quota balance?
There are a couple of ways to check your print quota.
- When you release/print a job your current print balance will be displayed along with your viking Gold balance.
- Your Viking Gold account displays the current balance.
Can I add money to my print quota? How?
Yes. After a student exhausts their annual print allowance, any additional print costs will need to be paid by the student using Viking Gold at $0.15 per page for black and white printing.
Can I print from my personal computer? How?
Yes. Students have two options for printing.
- From your computer you can upload files to Print.lawrence.edu
- Add the print queue to your personal computer. See instructions here.
Residence halls have a computer lab and printer which are 24-hour access facilities. Registered Lawrence students can use their student ID to gain entrance to the residence halls and labs. These labs contain networked Windows computers and a printer/release station.
When is the quota reset?
August 1st each year.
Other helpful tips
- Printers are checked two times a day for paper supply. If a printer is out of paper, please call the Helpdesk by dialing 920-832-6570 (ext. 6570 from a campus phone) to request that the paper be restocked.
- Color printers, copiers, and scanners are currently not available in Residence Hall Labs. Color copying is available in the Library Reference Area on first floor and the Campus Center fourth floor for a small fee. Scanning is available in the Library Reference Area and room 214 - the ITC.
- Residence Hall Labs are managed with cooperation from the Office of Student Life.