Digital display boards list LU events, announcements, and upcoming movies. To promote your event, submit a digital poster at any time prior to the event. Posting dates and duration will be limited. Posters can be displayed in various locations - Trever, Plantz and Ormsby residence halls, Campus Center, Library, and Wellness Center. A poster may be displayed in all locations or some combination of locations. At the bottom of this page you will see a submit form for your digital display.
Digital poster specifications
Submit a .jpg file of the following proportions: 960 pixels by 720 pixels.
Tips for creating your digital poster
When creating your digital poster the Ariel family of fonts displays well.
- Use colors in high contrast.
- Add a title to your event
- If you like, add a brief paragraph about the event.
- Tip: In PowerPoint, insert a text box (from the menu bar, go to Insert - Text Box). Use your mouse/cursor to draw the text box. Type the message and format the text as needed.
- Add the date, time, and location.
- List the sponsor/contact information.
- Add a picture or clip art.
- Tip: In PowerPoint, click in the area designated for a photo. Right-click and choose 'Change Picture' from the pop-up menu. Locate the image file (or clip art). Resize the image by selecting the corner of the image; drag the corner to change the image size.
- Change the template's background image, if desired.
- Tip: From the menu, go to Design - Background Styles. Select the preferred background.
- When you are satisfied with the file, save it as type .jpg. Tip: From the menu, go to File - Save As; change the file type to .jpg.
Submitting your digital poster
Please fill out the digital poster form. The form will be submitted to the Helpdesk, reviewed and then uploaded for display on the digital display boards.