STEP 1: Wireless Connection
- On the Desktop (home screen)
- Tap on the Wireless Icon on the bottom right hand of screen.
- Select LUfacstaffpersonal and then click Connect.
Note you will not have full internet access until you complete the rest of the process below.
STEP 1: Update or Install Security & Antivirus Software
All Windows 10 computers come with Windows Defender, which is a free avtivirus.
Note: If you have a nother antivirus installed you will need to update that Antivirus definitions or uninstall it and activate Windows Defender.
Note: Lawrence does not provide antivirus software to students/faculty/or staff personal computers.
- Start menu.
- Search Windows Defender.
- Windows Defender will open. Select the Update tab and tap on Update.
Note: even though you do ont have internet access at this point, LUfacstaffpersonal allows network traffice for Virus security updates and Operating Systm updates.
STEP 3: Update Your Operting System
All computer must have current operating sytem software in order to register on the LU network. Follow the steps below to ensure your operating system hs the latest software updates.
- Start Menu
- Search - Windows Update in search field
- Select - Check for updates in found search options
- Update & Security Window will open - Select CHECK FOR UPDATES (button) and install all available updates.
NOTE: If the computer needs to restart to finish installing updtes, you must restart. Then follow these steops continuously util you receveive a message statring "No Updates wre Available" then ocntinue.
STEP 4: Network Registration
- From Desktop
- Open an internet Browser (Edge Browser)
- A security page will appear. If using Internet Explorer, tap Continue to this Website (not Recommended). If using Firefox/Chrome, tap ADD an Exception. Tap Get certificate. Tap Confirm Security exception.
- A Lawrence University Network introduction page will appear. After you have read the information on the page, tap Continue.
- Select the first link "Personal device registration for Lawrence University Students"
- A Lawrence Terms and Agreement page will appear. You must read and agree to the terms by tapping I Have Read and Understand in order to continue with your computer registration.
- Select wireless (or wired) laptop for the type of connection. Enter your Usrename and Password* and tap Continue.
- A download window will appear. Click Run.
- A Windows UserAccount Control prompt will appear. Tap "Yes".
Note: Your computer will be scanned for required software by Bradford (Making many 'Chime' noises, turn down volume as needed). Once the scan is complete, either a success/failure page will appear. If the failure page appears, read the message carefully. It will tell you either your Operating system has more updates or your antivurs has more updates. If you receive an extrememly extensive antivirus list that means that your Antivirus may not be found on Bradford.
Note: Redo the above steps until the Browsr