Here are some helpful links that pertain to common tax-related questions:
Education Tax Credit
- Learn more about education tax credits here.
- Need a 1098-T Form from Lawrence? One was mailed to the student's home address. It's also available online here: www.1098t.com.
- What are "qualified expenses'?
- Who can claim the credit? Check out Page 10 of IRS Publication 970 (Tax Benefits for Education).
Taxable Grants and Scholarships?
- Questions 44d and 93d on the FAFSA are commonly answered incorrectly. Rarely do students have a "taxable grant or scholarship." Please read Page 5 of IRS Publication 970 (Tax Benefits for Education).