Credit Balance

Is your "Current Balance Due" a negative number? What does this mean?

In some instances, your "credits" (scholarship, grant, loan, and/or payment) might be larger than your "charges" (tuition, room, board, fees, etc.). If you see a negative number as your balance due, this is a "credit balance."

What are your options if you have a credit balance?

You can choose from the following:

  • Reduce your loan(s) - send an email to the Financial Aid Office
  • Leave the credit balance on your account - your credit balance can be used to pay current charges and/or will carry over and apply to the next term
  • Receive a partial or full refund

Partial Refund

  • Go to the Cashier Window located on the first floor of Brokaw Hall during Week 1
  • You can receive up to $500 of your credit balance

Full Refund

  1. Enroll in eRefund online in CASHNet
  2. Complete the Credit Balance Authorization Form (PDF) and return it to the Financial Aid Office by email, fax, or mail.
  3. After you've enrolled in eRefund and updated your Credit Balance Authorization Form, refunds will processed by the Student Accounts Office after the completion of Week 2; typically refunds are processed by the end of Week 3 of the term.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LarryU