The Office of Communications is responsible for enhancing the reputation of Lawrence University among the college's constituencies. The office plans, directs and implements the communications activities of the college to facilitate greater visibility in support of campus activities and events, development, alumni engagement and student recruitment.
The office's responsibilities include:
- Design, writing and production of university print publications, direct mail and email
- Graphic design, photography and editorial support for the Lawrence University website
- Content development and supervision of social media and other electronic media requirements
- Design, writing and publishing Lawrence Today and Lawrence Today Online, the college's alumni magazine
- Media relations and public relations for the university
- Photography and videography
- Promotion of Lawrence events - on campus and off
- Community relations through activities such as Lunch at Lawrence
- Working with other campus departments to provide direction and support for their communications needs
"Photo of the Week" submissions
Each week the Office of Communications will select a photo that best represents Lawrence, life at Lawrence or the community in which we live. Entries are open to students, staff and faculty. If you have a photo that you'd lke to submit for consideration, send it as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.