Please use the standard Lawrence financial forms to expend funds. The Financial Services office or your building administrative assistants can provide you with these forms. For internal grants from the Provost, faculty should send the completed forms to Sharon Marks in the Provost's Office for approval. Original receipts, invoices or purchase orders must accompany requests for payment or reimbursement.

Ownership of books, equipment, etc.

Equipment, supplies, books, and musical instruments purchased with internal grant funds are owned by Lawrence. (This is also true of some, but not all, external grants.) If a faculty member leaves Lawrence after purchasing items with an internal grant, the items should be returned to Lawrence by arrangement with the department chair, library director, or other relevant office.


Reporting is important! Many internal grants are funded by gifts and grants from alumni, foundations, and other friends of the university. Lawrence reports to these donors regularly on how their contributions are being used. Your description of the work accomplished with your internal grant demonstrates to donors that they were wise to invest in Lawrence and encourages future contributions.

All grant recipients must submit a report to the Provost by the end of the summer or academic year in which the funded activities occurred.  The report should detail the expenditure of the grant(s) and describe what was accomplished. Disregarding this reporting responsibility may result in suspension of further funding for a period of time determined by the Provost.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube