2017 Audition Information
Choir Auditions for 2017-2018
Auditions for new students will be held in Conservatory West #105 from September 7-8, 2017. Please sign up for an audition time here. Please carefully read the information guide for auditions here. Please prepare the following excerpts. The 2017-18 choir calendar can be found here. Returning students who are currently studying abroad will audition on Monday, September 11 (please sign up here).
Who can audition?
Anyone! Ensemble members in our four choirs represent all academic areas. There is an ensemble that will be the perfect fit for you.
Concert Choir and Cantala Women’s Choir
• challenging and rewarding literature from a variety of periods and cultures
• nationally recognized excellence in choral performance
Mondays/Wednesdays 3:15-4:15, Tuesdays/Thursdays 4:35-5:35
• variety of literature including performance of a choral masterwork with orchestra
• no experience required, no formal audition needed. High level of music-making, but open to anyone.
• mixed, small ensemble comprised of 8-16 singers with rhythm section
• wide variety of musical styles (jazz, a cappella, early music, world music, original compositions)
Do all the choirs have the same audition?
Concert Choir and Cantala have a full ‘advanced audition’ procedure, as described in the information guide above.
You do not have to be in the Conservatory to be in these ensembles.
Viking Chorale doesn’t have a formal audition, but rather a brief meeting with the professors to get to know you and to confirm your best vocal range.
Hybrid Ensemble has an audition specific to that ensemble’s needs and is run by Dr. Swan – please contact him directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).