Musicians can choose to apply Early Action 1 (apply by November 1) or Regular Decision (apply by January 15). What we consider:
- Common Application (including Lawrence specific essay) or the Lawrence Application (we accept either)
- Letters of Recommendation (typically an academic teacher)
- Test scores (if you wish, as we are test optional)
- Interview (recommended, not required)
In addition, all music applicants must:
- Schedule and complete an audition
- Complete a music resume
- Submit a music teacher recommendation
All above materials must be submitted by application deadline.
Auditions are required if you:
- plan on pursuing any of our degree options with a major in music
- plan on majoring in something other than music and interested in our Ensemble Award
Auditions are recommended if you are considering:
- a music minor
- private lessons or participating in ensembles
Visit our Music Scholarships page for additional requirements for scholarships and awards. Students are required to complete an application before registering for an audition.
A music resume details your musical experiences such as solo and ensemble, mater classes, summer festivals, private lessons, competitions, etc.You can either submit your own resume or complete our resume form. Your resume is due by the application deadline.
Music Teacher Evaluation
In addition to your academic teacher recommendation, you also need to submit a music teacher evaluation. This evaluation can be completed by your private teacher, high school teacher, or other teacher who could speak to your musical abilities.
After you submit your application to Lawrence, the teacher you listed as a reference will receive an e-mail with our link to submit a music teacher evaluation. Your evaluation is due by the application deadline.
Theatre Arts Workshop
The Theatre Arts workshop is designed to connect prospective theatre makers with current theatre faculty and students. Exercises in this workshop will test your workability, collaborative skills and ingenuity. Student can audition for the Theatre Arts Scholarship and attend the workshop the same day.
If you are interested in being considered for a Theatre Arts scholarship, please register for an audition and for the workshop. Follow the link below to the Theatre Department page to register.