Lawrence is very committed to assisting international students financially, but funding is limited. Applicants are most competitive for admission if they can contribute $20,000 USD per academic year toward the cost of attendance. Scholarships vary in amounts from $5,000-$38,000 USD per year you are attending Lawrence University. Once you have been awarded your scholarship, you cannot lose it.
Last year, the average scholarship for international students was approximately $19,000 USD. The average financial aid award (which includes scholarships and employment), was approximately $22,000 USD.
You must apply for scholarships and/or financial aid alongside your application for admission.
Types of International Aid
Merit-based scholarships range between $5,000-$22,000 USD per year at Lawrence University. Merit-based scholarships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate high academic achievement.
Need-based grants (scholarships):
Need-based grants are scholarships awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Grants range between $5,000-$38,000 USD per year at Lawrence University."
All international students must complete the appropriate steps below at the time of application.
1. Complete International Student Financial Aid Forms or CollegeBoard ISFAF.
- If you are not applying for financial aid, only the first page of this form and supporting documents are required.
2. Supporting Financial Documents
Supporting documents could include (but are not limited to):
- A bank statement signed by a bank official showing available funds
- A letter or other documentation from an employer verifying income
- Letter of financial support from sponsor program or loan agency
We do accept attested (copied and notarized) and/or faxed copies of financial documents. However, if you are admitted, we require that you mail us the original document(s) as well as an English translation. We reserve the right to request all originals at any stage in the admissions process.
You may email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.