International Scholarships and Financial Aid
Lawrence is committed to assisting international students financially, but funding is limited. Applicants are most competitive for admission if they can contribute $20,000 USD per academic year toward the cost of attendance. Scholarships vary in amounts from $5,000-$38,000 USD per year you are attending Lawrence University. Once you have been awarded your scholarship, you cannot lose it.
Last year, the average scholarship for international students was approximately $19,000 USD. The average financial aid award (which includes scholarships and employment), was approximately $22,000 USD.
You must apply for scholarships and/or financial aid alongside your application for admission.
Types of International Aid
Merit-based scholarships range between $5,000-$22,000 USD per year at Lawrence University. Merit-based scholarships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate high academic achievement.
Need-based grants (scholarships):
Need-based grants are scholarships awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Grants range between $5,000-$38,000 USD per year at Lawrence University."
All international students must complete the appropriate steps below at the time of application.
1. Complete an international financial aid application.
- You may use either the Lawrence International Student Financial Aid Forms (free), or the College Board ISFAF, whichever is easier for you.
- If you are not applying for financial aid, you only need to complete the first page of the Lawrence International Student Financial Aid Form.
2. Provide supporting financial documents
- A bank statement signed by a bank official showing available funds
- A letter or other documentation from an employer verifying income
- Letter of financial support from sponsor program or loan agency
- Any combination of the above. (If you have further documentation beyond any of these which may help us make a proper assessment, we welcome the opportunity to review it.)
We accept attested (copied and notarized) and/or faxed copies of financial documents. However, if you are admitted, we require that you mail us the original document(s) as well as an English translation. We reserve the right to request all originals at any stage in the admissions process.
You may email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.