Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for need-based financial aid at Lawrence University, please complete the appropriate steps listed here. Use the links below to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Click here for options on how to submit documents.
1. CSS Profile
- Available: October 1, 2017 (the sooner you file, the sooner after your admission we can send you an aid award)
- Website: http://student.collegeboard.org/profile
- Lawrence University's CSS Profile code: 1398
- Completion of the CSS Profile is required in order to be considered for Lawrence funded need-based aid
- The fee to complete the Profile is $25 (the fee for each additional college is $16). Some families may qualify for a fee waiver based on income.
- Available: October 1, 2017
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lawrence University's federal school code: 003856
- Completion of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for the following federal student aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
For Fall 2018 admission, submit a copy of your 2016 federal tax return.Submit a copy of Pages 1 & 2 of IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office AND
- If applicable:
- IRS Schedules A, C, E and/or F
- IRS Form 1065 (Partnership Income), 1120 (Corporation) and/or 1120S (S Corporation)
If your biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or were never married: both will complete their own CSS Profile. Each parent will access the CSS Profile with different log-in credentials. The noncustodial parent will need to create a College Board account before providing their information. We recommend that you and your custodial parent start the CSS Profile first.
Not sure who your custodial parent is? This nifty chart should help.
- Your noncustodial parent must use a separate Parent Login to complete a separate CSS Profile (Household B). Click here to learn more from the College Board.
- Website: https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org
- Important: Your CSS Profile Registration Confirmation or Submittal Acknowledgement will contain information you will need to provide to your noncustodial parent so he or she can complete the a separate CSS Profile.
- Note: You will be given an opportunity when completing the CSS Profile to have the College Board notify your noncustodial parent directly by email. Please have your noncustodial parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf.
- Noncustodial CSS Profile Waiver: In certain situations, Lawrence will consider waiving this requirement. Please complete the Noncustodial CSS Profile Waiver Request (PDF).
Financial Aid Award Notification
If your financial aid application is complete by the priority date listed above, we will post your financial aid award to your status page within four weeks of your admissions decision.
Otherwise, if you miss your priority date above, we will post your financial aid award to your status page within four weeks of completing your financial aid application.
Please note: Lawrence University only sends financial aid awards to admitted students.
How to Submit Documents
Documents can be submitted to the Lawrence University Financial Aid Office in the following ways:
|Upload||Go to your Application Status page (the same one you used for your admissions application)|
Financial Aid Office
NOTE: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.