FOR ALL STUDENTS TAKING SPANISH
- All new students must complete the online placement exam before registering for SPAN courses.
- SPAN 101, 102, 201 classes cannot be taken S/U. Strongly recommended to complete the requirement during the first year, as there is no advantage in waiting.
- Students who cannot take Spanish in the fall, winter or spring should consider the summer intensive option.
- Course prerequisites are a) the required placement score or b) the previous course level.
FOR PROSPECTIVE SPANISH MAJORS AND MINORS
- Prospective majors should start taking SPAN courses immediately and without gaps (see roadmap below).
- Off-campus study is not required but it is strongly recommended . Fall of junior year works best for most students.
- Students should talk to the SPAN department (email@example.com) as soon as they consider enrolling in SPAN 202 or SPAN 300+, or if they want to discuss off-campus study.
- Roadmap to SPAN major
- Checklist of Requirements for the Spanish Major
- Checklist of Requirements for the Spanish Minor
FREQUENTLY USED FORMS AND LINKS
- Off-Campus Programs. Click here for application info.
- Declaration of major or minor (form)
- IS/TUT/INT Registration (form)
- Add/Change Advisor (form)