Advising for French and Francophone Studies


Which French course should I enroll in?

  • If you have never taken or learned French before, you should enroll in FREN 101. 
  • If you have already taken some French, you should first take the online placement test, which you can find via the link "Placement Exams" on the left side of this webpage. This placement test will give you an indication of which course you should take. Please take this test only once. 
  • If you test into "202+" you have a choice of taking either FREN 202 (a review of intermediate reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills) or a 300-level course (introductory literature, film, culture courses). 


LarryU Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube