Students who seek funding for internships, community service, and community-base research have a number of possible sources of support.

The Office of Engaged Learning, the Volunteer and Community Service Center, and Career Services have a joint application for funding for summer experiential learning. This covers internships with non-profit groups, volunteer service, and community-based research and learning. To obtain an application, go to the Career Services ticker or the Volunteer and Community Service Center.

The Office of the Provost administers a variety of grants to support student research, activism, and creative work.

If your project relates to your major’s Senior Experience, you may be eligible for funding from the Mellon Foundation, administered by Professor Blitstein in the 2012-13 academic year.

LUCC sometimes funds projects related to student organizations, community engagement, and environmental responsibility.

The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) may be able to provide modest funding to projects that support OMA’s mission and programs.

If you know about a source of funding for student service projects that does not appear on this list, please let us know about it and we will add it. Good luck with your search for funding!

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube