Charge to the President's Committee on Diversity Affairs
Members: Four faculty members, one of whom will be designated as chair; the Dean of the Faculty (or designate); the Dean of Student Academic Services (or designate); one representative from the Office of Admission and Financial Aid; one representative from the Dean of Students’ Office; two student representatives from the LUCC Committee on Multicultural Affairs.
Purpose: To promote in the Lawrence community:
- greater cultural and ethnic diversity;
- a climate conducive to attracting and retaining minority students, faculty, and staff;
- curricular and extracurricular initiatives aimed at increasing multicultural awareness and appreciation.
To these ends, the committee will:
- advise the president on matters relating to multicultural affairs;
- promote faculty and staff engagement in the recruitment, selection and retention of minority students, faculty and staff;
- make available appropriate educational and training resources for faculty and staff;
- sponsor, on an annual basis, workshops, symposia, or other events for faculty, staff, and students on multicultural themes or problems;
- work to increase community awareness of the challenges associated with being a member of a cultural or ethnic minority at Lawrence and in Appleton.