Associate Professor of Anthropology
- 16-NOV-2012: Calories out: Measuring daily energy expenditure in food and nutrition studies
Associate Professor of Music and Director of Bands
- 06-FEB-2013: Flyway Conference Honor Band
- Conducted an honor band consisting of students from seven high schools. The students rehearsed all day and gave a concert that evening.
Associate Professor in the Conservatory of Music
- 01-JUN-2012: Sound Innovations: Sound development for intermediate string orchestra
- Sound Innovations: Sound Development emphasizes playing with a characteristic beautiful sound. The components of producing this sound are broken into four levels, consistent with the revolutionary Sound Innovations structure: (1) Sound Tone, (2) Sound Bowings, (3) Sound Shifting, and (4) Sound Scales, Arpeggios, Chorales, and Rhythms. Video demonstrations of key skills are referenced in the book and can be viewed online at www.alfred.com/SoundDevelopmentVideo.
Professor of Anthropology
- 10-SEP-2012: Invited participant and presenter in the International Symposium on Cultural Evolution
Professor of Music
- JUNE 18, 2011. Guest Artist with jazz guitarist Sheryl Bailey(NYC) at Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix, AR.