Academic Skills Building
The Center for Academic Success offers workshops and individual sessions on academic skills like time management, organization, critical reading, note-taking, effective study, and exam preparation. We can help you:
- Get organized and plan how to use your time more effectively
- Discuss specific study skills and learning strategies tailored to your needs
- Improve your note-taking and test preparation
- Connect with other resources in the Center and on campus
Consultations are available Monday through Friday. Contact the Center for Academic Success for an appointment.
Here are some Lawrence and third-party resources that can help you improve your organizational and study skills.
Time Management Tools
Use the following tools to help you manage your time.
- Lawrence University blank monthly 2017-18 academic calendar (pdf) (doc)
- Passion Planner blank weekly scheduler (pdf)
- Reverse planning guide (pdf)
Quizlet - A popular online and mobile flashcard app. Search millions of shared flashcards or create your own!
Study Stacks - Search free flashcards shared by students and teachers. Play games created from your flashcards.
Purdue Online Writing Lab - Comprehensive writing resources
KnightCite Citation Service - Automatically generates citations in MLA, APA, Chicago and many other styles